Notes: I was pleasantly surprised to find a group of these fruiting at the edge of a watered lawn. The high-powered sprinklers apparently water farther than intended. The pileus was 12 cm across, stipe 1.6 cm at apex and 13.5cm long. Seeing these raised the question of how safe it is to handle a poisonous mushroom such as this one, say to draw it or to study it. I know I’m not supposed to eat it, but can I, say, dig it up, put it in a container to bring home and draw or study, safely?
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||14.49||3||(nathan)|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
Created: 2008-08-26 19:55:55 COT (-0500)
Last modified: 2008-08-26 19:55:55 COT (-0500)
Viewed: 110 times, last viewed: 2017-02-04 12:49:35 COT (-0500)