|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||0.00||0|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
at least I saw no alternative. This was a first impression when I saw this lichen, comparing with my previous experience, that had another point in favour which can be observed in the second photo: there I scratched a bit the thallus to expose medulla and, on the left hand side, one can see the yellow medulla in a part where the reagent did not touch. Summarizing, for me the genus is clear:Pyxine. The species seems to be a lot more complicated, since as Jason mentioned in her comment this specieme seems to be isidiate. Here are some data that I collected:
- In the Checklist of Portugal only one species is mentioned: P. subcinerea, which is non-isidiate;
- In the Checklist of Azores five species are mentioned: P. chrysanthoides, P. cocoes, P. linearis, P. sorediata, P. subcinerea. I have no information about the first and third in this list, the others are non-isidiate;
- In the Checklist of Spain three species are mentioned: P. berteriana var. subobscurascens, P. hispanica, P. subcinerea. I have no information about the first and second in this list.
- In the British Flora (I had no acess a Checklist of UK) no species of Pyxine is mentioned;
- In the German Flora (the book by Wirth, I had no acess a Checklist of Germany) no species of Pyxine is mentioned.
It can happen that one of the above species for which I have no information is an isidiate one. Otherwise this will be another portuguese lichen mistery, to join to some others from the past.
Finally, I saw some references to a paper that could give some light on this subject, but again I had no acess to it:
R. Moberg (1983): Studies on Physciaceae (Lichens) II. The Genus Pyxine in Europe. The Lichenologist, 15 , pp 161-167 doi:10.1017/S0024282983000250
Created: 2012-09-12 03:44:31 IST (+0530)
Last modified: 2012-09-12 03:44:52 IST (+0530)
Viewed: 23 times, last viewed: 2016-10-22 14:10:34 IST (+0530)