Notes: Found in my little front yard. I live in a very dry (dessert) region, however we been having constant rain for 3 consecutive days. Yesterday the sun came and in the night I found this specimen.
Smell: Discreet (and pleasant) mushroom odor.
Dog poop (from neighbor dogs) may had been in my yard.
I feel honored that a mushroom appeared in my yard given that here is no region for mushrooms.
I want to know if it can be eaten, or if it is psychoactive, or if it is dangerous as I have a kitten that likes to be exploring outdoors.
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||0.00||0|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
Chlorophyllum molybdites = Green spore print
Chlorophyllum molybdites causes digestive upsets in humans but is not fatal.
It might also be Chlorophyllum rachodes. I think it stains red when cut and exposed to air.
Cut the top off, lay it on paper, and see what color the spores are. If green, you have a Chlorophyllum, which is often poisonous. If white spores, then Lepiota.
Looks like it might be Chlorophyllum molybdites or Lepiota rhacoides.
I forgot to comment that the fungus today was more flat shpaed on the head, contrary to more closed or curved as it was yesterday night when I discovered. In the pictures you can see what I mean.
Created: 2013-09-16 18:09:39 CDT (-0400)
Last modified: 2013-09-17 11:24:11 CDT (-0400)
Viewed: 39 times, last viewed: 2016-10-28 21:13:06 CDT (-0400)