Collection location: Worcester Co., Massachusetts, USA [Click for map]
I picked this thinking it was chicken of the woods. However:
- it was growing out of the ground near a dead tree
- it is only 1cm thick, give or take
- soft, slightly watery, rubbery
- similar woody interior to c.o.t.w, but softer.
- it does not have a yellow underside . . . white pores.
- smells like a vagina (sorry! that’s the best description I could come up with!), or maybe a little more bitter
- pleasant taste, if a little bitter.
|I’d Call It That||3.0||5.38||1||(Herbert Baker)|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
the ID. Following that suggestion on mushroomobserver, there was this link:
which talks about the different species. All aspects match L. cincinnatus (including growing in a rosette next to the base of a fallen tree.
Created: 2014-08-25 06:13:32 CST (+0800)
Last modified: 2014-08-25 06:28:13 CST (+0800)
Viewed: 27 times, last viewed: 2017-07-19 03:21:19 CST (+0800)