Collection location: Parque de Monsanto, Lisboa, Portugal [Click for map]
Growing under Quercus trees.
Taste very acrid (from gill).
I think this is one more of Section Plinthogali: Species of medium size, beige-white, brownish to blackish velvety hat; White milk blushing more or less rapidly and intensely; Spores often equipped with high and visible peaks (winged spores).
With no exhaustive concern, belong to this section: L. acris, L. azonites, L. fuliginosus, L. picinus, L. pterosporus, L. ruginosus, L. subruginous, L. terenopus.
L. azonites was considered at observation 169193 and observation 182431, the last one at the same day of this one, the specimens separated in the fied by some dozens of meters.
The overall appearance of the specimens considered here is similar to those of my previous observations, but there are some differences that led me to the possibility of another species, namely:
- the cap is lighter coloured and is clearly corrugated at the margin;
- the gills are darker (ochraceous) than in L. azonites;
- the latex also stains pink with time, but the reaction is weaker than in L. azonites.
Looking for more information, found a record in Ref. 1, where L. ruginosus is described: I quote some sentences from there:
- “(Chapeau) Revêtement plutôt sec, velouté, d’un brun jaune un peu sale, un peu grisâtre avec parfois des zones plus pâles, presque blanches. Marge flexueuse, nettement cannelée dans l’aspect caractéristique.”
- “(Lames) Jusqu’à 6 mm, d’abord assez serrées puis nettement espacées chez l’adulte, adnées et à peine
descendant sur le pied par un crochet, crème puis ocre”
- “Lait blanc devenant progressivement rose terne”.
I think that these fit very well in my specimens.
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||0.00||0|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
Created: 2014-10-12 11:11:55 PDT (-0700)
Last modified: 2014-10-12 11:16:14 PDT (-0700)
Viewed: 45 times, last viewed: 2017-09-27 01:21:54 PDT (-0700)