|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||0.00||0|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
After the changes mentioned in my last comment, here I consider the specimen in the first photo for which the microscopy seems to point to Opegrapha calcarea. I obtained the following dimensions for the spores (mount in KOH and Congo red):
(13.7) 15 – 18.5 (18.7) x (2.8) 3.2 – 4 (4.4) µm
Q = (3.6) 3.9 – 5 (6.1) ; N = 21
Me = 16.6 × 3.7 µm ; Qe = 4.5 .
When I created this observation I thought to have inserted a text in the notes where I mentioned to be astonished with the proliferation of specimens at this place. They were so many and most of them had no definite thallus. I collected three samples from there. Now, when I started to analyse the material, the first one revealed to be of another species than O. calcarea and actually of another genus (due to the changes in taxonomy) – Alyxoria varia. I had already encountered this species and it has a special feature, the lirellas are open at maturity, and this can be seen at the full magnification of the photos. Since it can happen that other species are envolved, I will keep this observation for Opegrapha calcarea and will remove the photos of the specimens for which I have no sample, except the one with the collage. In accordance, I will create another observation for A. varia.
Created: 2015-09-27 01:39:40 CEST (+0200)
Last modified: 2015-09-28 23:13:25 CEST (+0200)
Viewed: 40 times, last viewed: 2017-02-19 14:35:02 CET (+0100)