Notes: FUNGUS DESCRIPTION SHEET
1. Date collected: 10/10/15
2. Geographical location: Port Orange, FL (near Daytona Beach); Central East Coast of FL
3. Growing on, under, or in association with (type of tree or plants): Growing in clumps on the base of a tree; the tree has had it’s branches cut off & may be dying/dead as you can see in the pic; I took the pic of the tree after I pulled the mushrooms off of it so my dog wouldn’t eat them
4. Cap width: 1/2" to 1.5"
Stalk length: 2" to 4.5"
Stalk width: 1/4"
(Forgot to include pics with coins, but you may be able to use my finger in the pic for some comparison)
5. Use adjectives to describe the look and/or feel of the cap and stalk: (hairy, smooth, fleshy, fibrous, leathery, gelatinous, cracking, etc….)Both fleshy?
5. Describe the gills, pores, or interior, if it doesn’t have an underside: (crowded, thin, narrow, attached to stalk or free, milky, forked, etc…)Thin gills, attached to stalk
6. Other features not evident from the photos: (odor; change color when cut or touched; color if not evident from the photos; the number of specimens in the area; spore color seen on adjacent caps or from spore print; etc)Didn’t notice any odor or color change when touched Nude, fleshy color About 100 Caps total on the bottom of the trunk of the tree- in clumps of about 10 to 25
Armillaria tabescens (Scop.) Emel on MyCoPortal
Armillaria tabescens on MycoBank
More Observations (240)
Similar Observations (37)
List of species in Armillaria (Fr.) Staude (79)
Public Description (Default) [Edit]
Draft For 2008/2009 Eol University Species Pages Initiative By Vani Gujuluva (Private)
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||0.00||0|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
Yes, I have photos. Sorry they did not upload successfully the first time. Thank you for letting me know.
I have a dog who tries to eat these. Are they poisonous?
Created: 2015-10-10 18:47:02 CDT (-0400)
Last modified: 2015-10-11 15:46:31 CDT (-0400)
Viewed: 45 times, last viewed: 2016-10-28 16:11:44 CDT (-0400)