Notes: This Lecanora was mixed up with a lirellae lichen that was considered in Observation MO72707. The spot tests made in situ gave the following results: C-, K + red, KC + red (fading). Initially I didn’t know to what lichen these results belong to, but at home I essayed the test in a place were only lecanora apothecia was present and again I obtained K+ red (bloody).
In the past I have found a few Lecanora spp. with some uncommon chemical reactions like this one. Its classification can be reach with the help of the key given in the references. Here are the key choices:
1 —> 73 (substrates other than rock)
—> 78 (on bark or wood)
—> 84 (non sorediate thallus)
—> 88 (thallus K+ yellow, after K+ red)
—> 89 (lecanorine apothecia, with disc K+ blood red): Lecanora rubicunda.
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||0.00||0|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
Created: 2011-07-26 16:23:13 CDT (-0500)
Last modified: 2011-07-26 16:46:41 CDT (-0500)
Viewed: 80 times, last viewed: 2016-03-30 13:54:25 CDT (-0500)