Here are some features of this specimen:
- Thallus thick, white, very pruinose with big central areolas and radiate marginal lobes;
- Apothecia frequent of lecanorine type with dark brown discs, some plane but mostly convex;
- Hymenium hialine, I+ blue (weak); epihymenium and hypothecium brown;
- Asci cylindrical, 8-spored;
- Spores small, colorless or light color;
- Chemical reaction negative, although the KC reaction could be interpret as weak yellow.
I saw the photos in the references but no description of the species Solenopsora candicans. It seems very similar.
|I’d Call It That||3.0||0.00||0|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
Created: 2011-09-18 19:27:35 CDT (-0400)
Last modified: 2011-09-20 05:25:39 CDT (-0400)
Viewed: 113 times, last viewed: 2017-09-11 06:16:05 CDT (-0400)