Collection location: Salt Point State Park, Sonoma Co., California, USA [Click for map]
My first time on a mushroom foraging expedition. Everything we saw was relatively small and seemed to be one of two varieties. Would love to know what we found. I heard that most poisonous mushrooms have gills so we’re definitely staying away from that one. But this one has this thick hair-like things on the underside. Is it safe to eat?
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||10.91||2||(Alan Rockefeller,darv)|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
These are edible and so are Hydnum repandum, which look like these only whiter and missing the indented or ‘umbilicate’ disc.
BTW, if you like foraging for wilds you’ll find many, many delicious edibles with gills. Yes some poisonous one too, but some research on your part for edibles for your state will keep you safe.
Created: 2012-03-10 22:26:29 PST (-0800)
Last modified: 2012-03-12 09:55:31 PDT (-0700)
Viewed: 164 times, last viewed: 2018-02-07 14:05:23 PST (-0800)