Several of these were found growing in a Bishop pine habitat.
I only brought 1 specimen home and had difficulty getting the dirt out of all the nooks and crannies.
As with MO#163095, I let this one age enough for the veil to tear and then got a spore print.
Spores were amyloid.
Also as with MO#163095, I measured the spores both in Melzers and then in Congo Red + KOH. Again the variation was fairly high for Q values but still below the average values reported for A. magniverrucata and appear to be wider.

Spores in Melzers; 9.8-12.2 X 7.0-9.2 microns Q(range) = 1.30-1.55. Q(9ave) = 1.40. n=21.

Spores in Congo Red + KOH; 8.3-11.8 X 7.0-9.4 Microns Q(range) = 1.15-1.39. Q(ave) = 1.24. n=20.

As Christian noted, in the field, I would be inclined to call all these A. magniverrucata.


Two days later
Two days later.
Spores in Melzers @ 1000X.
Spores in Congo Red + KOH @ 1000X.

Proposed Names

Please login to propose your own names and vote on existing names.

= Observer’s choice
= Current consensus


Add Comment
We got two very good sequences from your material, Ron.
By: R. E. Tulloss (ret)
2015-05-19 18:02:09 CDT (-0400)

We got a nice, complete “proposed fungal barcode” sequence as well as an nrLSU sequence of robust size and quality.

This was a very useful collection to us.

Thanks again for all the material you have sent to Roosevelt.

Very best,


Thanks Ron,
By: groundhog
2014-04-18 13:25:46 CDT (-0400)

This material has been recieved and accessioned to Rods herbarium. We have scheduled it for DNA sequencing.

Created: 2014-04-08 19:32:22 CDT (-0400)
Last modified: 2014-04-08 19:39:36 CDT (-0400)
Viewed: 316 times, last viewed: 2020-05-27 14:44:50 CDT (-0400)
Show Log