Collection location: Papôa, Peniche, Portugal [Click for map]
This specimen shares the habitat with the Schismatomma considered in observation 165636. Its main features are:
- Thallus scurfy, cream with a pink tinge;
- Apothecia lirellate, very dark, with a raised white thalline rim, strongly white pruinose;
- Photobiont a Trentepohlia sp.;
- Asci characteristic of most species in the genus with average dimensions: Me = 46.5 × 16.7 um ; Qe = 2.8(N=18);
- Spores hialines, small, 3 to 4 septate, oblong-ovoid, the upper cell not enlarged, with the following average dimensions: Me = 14.4 × 5.7 um ; Qe = 2.5 (N=22).
This is another species I observed here for the first time and its name came from a straighforward application of the key for the genus Arthonia in the Bristish Flora.
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||6.55||1||(zaca)|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
Created: 2014-05-20 15:48:09 PDT (-0700)
Last modified: 2014-05-20 15:55:22 PDT (-0700)
Viewed: 31 times, last viewed: 2019-07-13 05:59:39 PDT (-0700)