Please do not re-click a link while waiting for a page to load. (It’s slower and degrades site speed for all users.)
To get images for machine learning, see MO Images for Machine Learning

 

When: 2019-06-18

Collection location: Union, Ohio, USA [Click for map]

39.893°N 84.2901°W 246m [Click for map]

Who: Sreddos

No specimen available

Notes:
My dogs are eating these. Should I be concerned?

Species Lists

Images

Proposed Names

26% (1)
Recognized by sight

Please login to propose your own names and vote on existing names.

= Observer’s choice
= Current consensus

Comments

Add Comment
No need to worry
By: Lobstershroom89
2019-06-18 12:58:14 -05 (-0500)

Your dog should be fine! White dunce cap mushrooms are mildly toxic but are not fatal. Eating these is not the best habit, but you shouldn’t stress if he/she does it every once in a while. The mushrooms are so small that their effects on larger organisms are negligible. You could also watch your dog for 12-24 hours to see if anything comes of the ingestion. If nothing happens after that time window, everything’s fine.