Collection location: Romeoville, Illinois, USA [Click for map]
Who: linda (lindaw)
after 2-3 rainstorm soaking days found large cluster of wet oysters in a park on a stump. Brought them home washed off leftovers from mowing and left to dry on the counter, with plans to cook on the memorialday holiday. Red spots formed. Became conserned and seek identification of the problem.
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||3.79||1||(lindaw)|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
I see these occasionally on wet mushrooms of various species. Someone on this site will probably ID the culprit at least to group, bacterial/fungal or ?
Collecting very wet mushrooms is not advised and soaking any gilled mushroom in water is not good either. They get soggy! In this case, putting wet mushrooms out at room temperature is a great opportunity for molds and bacteria.
Created: 2011-06-03 10:33:24 CDT (-0400)
Last modified: 2011-06-03 10:33:24 CDT (-0400)
Viewed: 265 times, last viewed: 2019-02-13 07:06:52 CST (-0500)