Collection location: Modesto, California, USA [Click for map]
This is the specimen saved for ID from a poisoning case. The patient spent the night in the hospital in Modesto.
He recovered after about seven hours and is doing FINE with a full recovery.
He ate one small button of Chlorophyllum molybdites. It was uncooked, raw. His main comment was that it was ejected out both ends with such violent force!
This mushroom does NOT grow in his coastal area near Fort Bragg and he thought he was collecting Macrolepiota rachodes.
|User’s votes are weighted by their contribution to the site (log10 contribution). In addition, the user who created the observation gets an extra vote.|
|I’d Call It That||3.0||10.96||2||(Byrain,darv)|
sum(score * weight) /
(total weight + 1)
C. molybdites and C. rachodes are almost identical in hand, especially when the spores haven’t yet developed and the gills are white (rather than the green they turn at maturity). Molybdites likes it hot; Modesto in the summer would certainly qualify! But we may well see more of it in the BA, too…
Created: 2008-07-28 22:25:02 CDT (-0400)
Last modified: 2019-10-04 17:19:57 CDT (-0400)
Viewed: 79 times, last viewed: 2020-07-10 20:06:25 CDT (-0400)